Mike's Authentic New Mexican Green Chile Burritos, this is the popular recipe ever, So simple to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to prepare this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hey everyone, it's Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we're going to make a special dish, mike's authentic new mexican green chile burritos. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Mike's Authentic New Mexican Green Chile Burritos is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It's easy, it's fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Mike's Authentic New Mexican Green Chile Burritos is something which I've loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have mike's authentic new mexican green chile burritos using 28 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Authentic New Mexican Green Chile Burritos:
- Make ready of Meats.
- Take 5 lb of Boneless Pork Shoulder [trim 98% of fat].
- Prepare of Flour Coating.
- Make ready 2 cup of AP Flour.
- Take 1 tbsp of Each: Garlic Powder-Onion Powder-Season Salt-Salt-Dried Cilantro-Black Pepper-Cumin & Italian Seasoning.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Green Chilie Powder [if you can find it - usually only found online].
- Get of Green Chile Burrito Simmer.
- Get 2 of 12 oz Buckets Hatch Green Chili [hot or mild-reserve 1/2].
- Take 2 box of [use up to 2 boxes] Chicken Stock [reserve 1/2].
- Get 2 can of [use up to 2 cans] Light Or Mexican Beer [reserve 1/2].
- Take 1 can of Rotell Tomatoes With Green Chiles.
- Take 3 large of White Onions [large chop].
- Take 4 of Celery Stalks [with leaves].
- Get 6 large of Jalapeños [optional-rough chop].
- Make ready 2 large of Garlic Bulbs [fine chop].
- Get 2 large of Bunches Fresh Cilantro [reserve 1/2].
- Make ready 2 can of 12 oz Green Tomatillos.
- Get 2 of Anaheim Chilis [optional].
- Take 1/2 tsp of Mexican Oregano.
- Get 2 large of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Each: Granulated Garlic & Onion Powder-Salt-Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Cumin.
- Make ready of Primary Starches.
- Take 4 medium of White Potatoes [peeled or unpeeled].
- Make ready of Breads.
- Take 1 large of Package 12" Flour Tortillas [regular or fluffy].
- Take of Acid Reducer.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
Instructions to make Mike's Authentic New Mexican Green Chile Burritos:
- Here's how bulk of what you'll need..
- 5 pound pork loin roast..
- Fresh flour tortillas..
- ° Cut 5 lbs pork shoulder into 1+" cubes and toss well in your seasoned flour. ° Brown pork well in an oversized skillet with a minimal amount of oil. About 1/3 cup or, as little as possible. ° Don't be afraid of any additional flour [not attached to your pork cubes] ending up in your skillet. It will serve you well as a thickener. ° Reserve your leftover seasoned flour just in case you need it later for additional thickening..
- After pork is sufficiently browned, add 1 beer, 1/2 to 3/4 box chicken broth, 1 bucket Hatch Green Chilies, 1/4 of all your vegetables, [except potatoes] herbs and spices to your simmer. Simmer for 45 minutes - adding additional broth as needed. This is a layered dish..
- Add your remaining vegetables [except potatoes or anything that's listed as, "reserves"] and simmer for up to 2 hours adding broth and beer as needed. Simmer until your pork is easy to chew when you taste test it..
- Authors Note: If your dish tastes a bit acidic due to the chilies, tomatillos and Rotel tomatoes - add a 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda while your dish is on a steady simmer. It'll foam up for a second but don't worry - she'll settle right down. Add additional 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda if still needed..
- ° Once your pork is falling apart, you'll know you're ready for these last few steps. ° After approximately 2+ hours of simmering, add 4 diced potatoes and additional broth/beer if needed. Only add just enough additional fluids you'll need to boil potatoes. ° Simmer your mixture for 20 to 30 minutes - 1/2 covered to steam your potatoes and then, 1/2 uncovered to thicken until your spuds are fully softened. ° To thicken your dish even further, lightly sprinkle your leftover flour over the top and sti.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking your potatoes, add your remaining reserved halves. 1 bucket Hatch Chilies and fresh cilantro..
- ° If you thin this recipe out with some additional stock and/or beer, it could easily be served as a thinner stew. ° Fluffy flour tortillas work best with a thinner broth - regular tortillas for thick. ° Garnish with fresh or dried cilantro or parsley and Mexican 3 Cheese to tame the heat for your guests. I assure you, no other condiments are needed!.
So that's going to wrap this up for this special food mike's authentic new mexican green chile burritos recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I'm sure you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Mike's Authentic New Mexican Green Chile Burritos Recipe Video: