French Fries, this is the popular recipe ever, So simple to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to prepare this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hello everybody, it's me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, french fries. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I'm gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
French Fries is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It's easy, it's quick, it tastes yummy. It's enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. French Fries is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook french fries using 6 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make French Fries:
- Prepare 315 grams of potatoes or 3 medium-sized or 2 large.
- Get 3.5 cups of cold water.
- Take as required of dried rosemary or oregano or mixed herbs –.
- Prepare as per taste of rock salt (edible and food grade) or black salt or regular salt.
- Make ready as per taste of red chili powder (optional).
- Make ready As needed of oil for deep frying.
Steps to make French Fries:
- PREPPING POTATO Firstly take the potatoes and rinse well in water. Then peel them..
- Then slice the potato in slices having 1 cm thickness. Before slicing, you can remove the top and bottom part of the potato to get a square or rectangle shaped potato..
- Then begin to cut them in sticks having 1 cm width. Rinse these potato sticks for a couple of times in water to get rid of the extra starch..
- SOAKING POTATO In a bowl take 3.5 cups cold water and place the potatoes in it. Keep this bowl outside or in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 45 minutes. In a hot and humid climate keep the bowl in the fridge..
- After 30 minutes or 45 minutes, drain the potatoes in a colander..
- RINSING AND DRYING POTATO STICKS Rinse the potatoes in clean fresh water using a colander or mesh strainer. Drain all the water..
- Then place them on clean kitchen cotton napkin..
- Fold the napkin above and press, pat and dry the potatoes. The potatoes have to be completely dried before you begin to fry them..
- FIRST FRYING Heat oil in a wok or pan over medium-low or medium heat. For a heavy pan, keep medium heat and for a less heavy pan, use a medium-low heat. The oil should have a temperature of 130 to 135 degrees celsius (275 degrees Fahrenheit)..
- Now, working in batches, add the potatoes to the oil. Do not overcrowd the wok (kadai) or pan with the potatoes. The oil will sizzle and bubble less when you fry the potatoes at this temperature..
- Stir at intervals while frying them for uniform cooking..
- Fry/blanch in oil for about 3 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked, but not brown from outside. They should just get a crust from outside without any major color change. Light browning of the edges is fine. Remove with a slotted spoon..
- Place the half fried potatoes on paper kitchen towels. Stack 3 to 4 paper towels. Press some paper towels from top also to absorb extra oil. Let the half fried potatoes cool down at room temperature..
- Note that after removing this batch, you can fry the second batch of potatoes. By the time you fry the second batch of the potatoes, the first batch will cool down. So even though you have to fry twice, you’re using the same batch of oil all the way through..
- SECOND FRYING Now increase the heat to a medium-high or high. Again here for a heavy pan, use a high heat and for a less heavy pan, use medium-high heat. The oil should be hot on medium-high to high heat having a temperature of 180 to 185 degrees celsius (356 degrees Fahrenheit)..
- Add the first batch of once-fried potatoes to the hot oil. The oil will sizzle and bubble quickly and as soon as you add the potatoes..
- Stir often while the potatoes fry to cook them evenly. Fry french fries for 3 minutes or until crisp and golden. The edges should become golden. Remove with a slotted spoon..
- Place french fries on paper tissues again to remove the extra oil..
- AIR FRYING After drying them thoroughly, mix and coat the potato sticks with 2 tablespoons oil. Take a batch and line the sticks evenly in the air-fryer basket. You can also line the potatoes on a parchment paper in the basket..
- Before air-frying, preheat the air-fryer at 180 degrees Celsius (356 degrees Fahrenheit) for 5 to 6 minutes..
- Place the air-fryer basket with the potato sticks in the air-fryer. Air-fry for about a total time of 10 to 12 minutes..
- Half way through after about 5 to 6 minutes, shake the basket or turn over each fry with tongs or a spoon. Air-fry again for 5 to 6 minutes until golden..
- Remove the air-fried fries in a bowl. Work in batches this way and make air-fryer french fries..
- Serve these homemade french fries hot with any dip or sauce of your choice..
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food french fries recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
French Fries Recipe Video: